The admin girls have been begging me to do a Peri Peri Chicken Thermomix recipe for years now, and the suggestion finally made itself to the top of my list! I am so glad it did… I truly believe this is one of the best tasting recipes I have ever developed. It is perfect for those who are wanting to lose a little holiday season weight: its low carb, gluten free, preservative free, dairy free, sugar free – and with a hint of chilli it’ll get your metabolism working! We served it with some fresh lemon and a summer salad but it would also be amazing paired with my chipotle chips and aioli. I hope everyone takes the time to marinate it for at least 8 hours, the piri piri flavour develops significantly !
This recipe could easily be made in a blender or food processor if you don’t own a Thermomix.
Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Peri Peri Chicken
- 1 - 1.5 kg | 52.9 oz chicken thighs or whatever chicken you want
- 4 x garlic cloves
- 1 large brown onion peeled, quartered
- 50 g | 1.8 oz lemon juice
- 20 g | 0.7 oz olive oil
- 15 g | 0.5 oz sweet paprika
- 10 g | 0.3 oz fresh ginger cut into coins
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder this is mild, increase for spicer peri peri
- 3/4 - 1 tbsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- fresh lemon & parsley for serving
- Please note. this recipe requires 8 hours marinating time.
- Add all ingredients, except chicken, and blend for 1 min/speed 5/MC on.
- Coat chicken well and marinate in the fridge for a recommended 8 hours.
- You can then fry, grill, bake or BBQ your chicken until cooked. Garnish with chopped parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Use your sharp blade for this recipe.