Homemade baked beans are one of my favourite foods when I eat breakfast out, and I have wanted to make my own Thermomix recipe for a few years now… I think I have definitely nailed this one with the sweet smokey flavour! I love that this recipe is quick enough that you can make it fresh while frying bacon and eggs and it reheats really well in the microwave. I also plan to do a baked egg recipe using these as soon as possible. You can also opt to omit the chorizo for a vegetarian or vegan version. Love Nik xx
- 1 medium brown onion, quartered
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 150 g cured chorizo, thinly sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomato (I used ardmona brand)
- 200 g water
- 50 g tomato paste
- 20 g worcestershire sauce (I use gluten free)
- 20 g maple syrup (optional for low sugar)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 x 400 g tins of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Add onion and garlic to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 6/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add oil and cook for 5 min/100 degrees/speed 1/MC off.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for beans, and cook for 15 min/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off. Put the simmering basket over the hole to avoid making a mess of your kitchen.
- Add the rinsed beans and cook for a further 3 min/100 degrees/speed 1/MC off. Put the simmering basket over the hole to avoid making a mess of your kitchen.
Use your blunt blade for this recipe.
At step 1 extend chopping time if required.
At step 3 use ST temp if using an Intelli and 120 degrees if using a Supercook.