Homemade baked beans are one of my favourite foods when I eat breakfast out, and I have wanted to make my own baked beans Thermomix recipe for a few years now… I think I have definitely nailed this one with the sweet smokey flavour!
I love that this recipe is quick enough that you can make it fresh while frying bacon and eggs and it reheats really well in the microwave. I also plan to do a baked egg recipe using these as soon as possible. You can also opt to omit the chorizo for a vegetarian or vegan version.
Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Smokey Baked Beans
- 1 medium brown onion quartered
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 150 g cured chorizo thinly sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 x 400 g | 14.1 oz tin chopped tomato I used ardmona brand
- 200 g water
- 50 g tomato paste
- 20 g worcestershire sauce I use gluten free
- 20 g maple syrup optional for low sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 x 400 g | 14.1 oz tins of cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- Add onion and garlic to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 6/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add oil and cook for 5 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for beans, and cook for 15 min/steaming temp/speed 1/MC off. Put the simmering basket over the hole to avoid making a mess of your kitchen.
- Add the rinsed beans and cook for a further 3 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off. Put the simmering basket over the hole to avoid making a mess of your kitchen.
Or Pin the recipe for later: