Spanish Baked Eggs are an amazing, healthy and hearty breakfast or lunch option for those who like a little more substance to their meals!
What makes this dish so healthy is utilising the Home Made Chorizo recipe from The Healthy Mix II as an alternative to preservative and additive laden commercial chorizo. Feel free to add a little cayenne pepper for some spice! Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Baked Spanish Eggs
Home Made Chorizo Ingredients
- 1/2 batch of Home Made Chorizo meat -see the Healthy Mix II for this recipe see notes for alternative
- 1 medium red onion peeled, quartered
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 400 g | 14.1 oz tin chopped tomato
- 20 g | 0.7 oz olive oil
- 10 g | 0.3 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 50 g | 1.8 oz baby spinach
- 4 whole eggs
- crumbled manchego optional for dairy free
- chopped parsley and chives
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 375°F .
- Prepare a half batch of Home Made Chorizo meat from The Healthy Mix II and form in to small bite sized meatballs, set aside.
- Without washing bowl, add onion and garlic and chop for 2 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Add tin tomato, olive oil, tomato paste, salt, paprika and pepper to mixer bowl. Cook for 10 min/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off - Put your steaming basket over the hole to prevent making a mess in your kitchen!
- Add baby spinach to mixer bowl. Insert internal simmering basket and place meatballs inside. Cook for 5 min/steaming temperature/speed 2/MC on.
- Divide tomato mixture and meatballs amongst 4 large ramekins. Carefully crack an egg in to each ramekin and top with manchego if using. Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until your eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley and chives.