Patricks absolute favourite food to order when eating out with his Nana is Arancini, but recently the local Italian cafe removed them from the menu. Lucky for him, the Riso al Forno found in A Little Taste of Italy makes the BEST arancini! Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Arancini Guide
- 200 g | 7 oz breadcrumbs or raw almonds or alternative nut or sunflower seeds for nut free
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion flakes or powder
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- pinch of black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- Prepare your Riso al Forno (baked risotto) with smaller chunks of chicken and chill overnight.
- Put raw almonds into mixer bowl, mill for 5 sec/speed 9/MC on (skip if using bread crumbs). Set aside and stir through spices, salt, and pepper.
- Add eggs into mixer bowl. Mix 5 sec/speed 4/MC on. Set aside in a bowl.
- Using clean, damp hands. Pick up a small amount of risotto mix and form a golf ball sized arancini evenly around your bocconcini / mozzarella.
- Coat the arancini ball in the egg mix and then the crumb mix, then egg wash and crumb mix again.
- Repeat until all arancini is crumbed.
- Pan fry on a low/medium heat with olive oil or air fry on 180C deg for 15-20 min until golden.