I asked Michael what I should write for the opening line of this post. He said “Mmm, this must be where pies go when they die.”
If you’re as excited as we are for the next season of Twin Peaks coming out on the of 22nd May… or you just want to cook a delicious but healthy dessert – this is the cherry pie for you! I hope you enjoy it… perhaps with a hot cup of Joe. b
skinnymixer's Cherry Pie
- 150 g | 5.3 oz blanched almond meal
- 60 g | 2.1 oz coconut oil
- 20 g | 0.7 oz xylitol or preferred granulated sweetener
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 500 g | 17.6 oz frozen pitted cherries
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 20 g | 0.7 oz xylitol or preferred sweetener
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C or 350°F and grease + line a small pie dish.
- Add all crust ingredients to mixer bowl and process for 5 sec/speed 6/MC on.
- Take the crust dough and press 3/4 of the mixture in to the prepared dish. Put it in the oven for 10 mins.
- Take the remaining crust dough and place it on glad wrap. Press it out in to a square and pop it in the freezer - this will be used to top off the cherry pie.
- In the mean time, without washing the bowl, put the filling ingredients in and cook for 10 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off or until desired consistency is reached.
- Put the prepared filling mixture on to the base. Take the crust dough from the freezer and cut in to 6 strips. Lay the strips over the pie and bake for a further 10 mins or until golden brown.