Apple Pie Oat Bars are the perfect Lunchbox snack. Our kids, Leilani (6) and Patrick (5), LOVE the choc chip oat slice bars I created last year and it has been on my list to create a chocolate free version to mix it up a bit and reduce the sugar content a bit.
Michael and I were talking about what flavour combinations to do for the kids, and he suggested dried apple… then I said with cinnamon… and a great idea was born! I think these apple and cinnamon flavoured bars are even better than the original, which is saying something! Feel free as always to play around with the flavours in this healthy Thermomix Recipe. These Apple Pie Oat Bars freeze well and are great as small bites to pop in to lunch boxes or for an on the go breakfast option.
Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Apple Pie Oat Bars
- 150 g dried apple slices or rings
- 300 g whole traditional oats
- 80 g coconut milk or milk of choice
- 50 g sugar of choice I used coconut
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 375°F, and lightly grease + line a medium sized slice tray.
- Add dried apple to a dry mixer bowl. Chop for 3-4 sec/speed 6/MC on or until finely chopped.
- Add oats to the apples and chop for 3 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine for 15 sec/speed 3/MC on.
- Press mixture into prepared tin and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting.
Freezes and defrosts well. Gluten free: Replace oats with quinoa flakes of GF corn flakes.