Marinated Feta is one of my favourite ways to eat cheese and although I am dairy intolerant, I still make an allowance for feta with my bacon and eggs occasionally.
The only issue I have with commercial marinated feta is that it is almost always vegetable or canola oil used, which is definitely not something I can make an allowance for in my diet due to inflammation. This recipe uses olive oil, and while it will solidify in the fridge you can simply pop it on the bench to warm before serving. Feel free to experiment with marinating flavours, but keep in mind that raw garlic and keeping cooked garlic in oil carries a botulism risk. Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Marinated Feta
- 300 g | 10.6 oz feta of choice cubed, pat dry with kitchen paper (I used Bulgarian)
- 200 g | 7 oz light flavoured olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 5 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns
- 1 medium sized jar or 3 small jars - sterilised (see notes)
- Add olive oil, garlic, fresh herbs and peppercorns to mixer bowl. Cook for 20 min/95°C or 205°F/speed 1/MC on.
- Allow the oil to cool completely and discard the garlic.
- Put feta into sterilised jar and top with cooled oil. Allow it to marinate in the fridge for at least 24 hours before eating. Store in the fridge and use within the week.