This is an old creation, inspired by the recipe written by AndreAnna, which has been hidden deep in the group files for a few years.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve got a jar of Blackstrap Molasses in the back of your pantry somewhere, that you bought for a recipe 3 years ago. And if you haven’t heard of Blackstrap Molasses before, allow me to introduce you: It’s super good for you! Just 1 tablespoon contains 20% of our daily Vitamin B, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Manganese and Potassium intake requirements (Wikipedia). So why aren’t more of us eating it?
Honestly, its just not that nice on its own – but – hiding it in this delicious gingerbread cake is a really great way to boost your daily vitamin and minerals intake.
Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Paleo Gingerbread Cake
- 330 g raw almonds
- 3 whole eggs
- 80 g blackstrap molasses found in health food stores
- 70 g coconut oil or butter
- 40 g honey or sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F fanforced and grease/line a small (20cm) cake tin.
- Add 165 g or 5.8 oz of the raw almonds to dry mixer bowl, mill for 10 sec/speed 9/MC on or until fine. Set aside.
- Add remaining raw almonds and mill for 10 sec/speed 9/MC on.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the reserved ground almonds, and mix for 10 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Scrape bowl down and blend for a further 5 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Remove cake batter to prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 20 min.
- Reduce oven to 110°C or 230°F and bake for a further 15-20 min or until cooked.
- Allow cake to cool to warm before serving. You can also serve cold from the fridge if you prefer.