A delicious zesty chicken dish that is perfect for a summer BBQ from the amazing crew at ‘The 4 Blades’ in the ‘The Kitchen Garden’ Issue. We love the combination of all these different citrus varieties. It really adds a kick to the dish. Serve this with the Skinnymixer’s Appleslaw for a delicious and easy dinner. You can easily use this marinade with chicken thighs, tenderloins or even a whole chicken if you prefer.
Guest Recipe: The 4 Blade's Citrus Grilled Chicken
- 5 spring onions roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 4 Tbsp parsley
- 2 limes zest and juice only
- 1/4 orange zest only
- 1 orange juice only
- 1 lemon juice only
- 40 g | 1.4 oz olive oil
- 2 tsp salt flakes
- 4 chicken breasts
- salad to serve
- Add the spring onions, garlic, parsley, lime zest (from 2 limes) and orange zest (from 1/4 orange) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 4 seconds / MC on. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 9 / 4 seconds / MC on. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat again Speed 9 / 4 seconds / MC on. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lime juice (from 2 limes), orange juice (from 1 orange), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), oil and salt to the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 5 seconds.
- Place the chicken breasts into a snap lock bag and add 3/4 of the marinade. Seal and shake to coat well. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Fire up the BBQ.
- Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through, basting regularly with the remaining marinade.
- Serve with salad.