Biscotti, a very popular Italian biscuit, literally translates to “twice-cooked” – which is how the famous dry texture of this dessert is achieved.
I have created a festive pistachio & cranberry version for you all, but you can feel free to experiment with what ever flavours you would like – dark chocolate chips, almond slivers or even added cacao for a chocolate version would be delicious! These are also the perfect biscuit to include in a gift hamper made in your Thermomix!
Love Nik xx
- 50 g pistachios
- 50 g cranberries
- 200 g blanched almond meal
- 50 g oz coconut oil
- 50 g oz honey or sweetener of choice to taste
- 20 g oz arrowroot flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 170°C or 340°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add pistachios and cranberries to mixer bowl. Chop for 3 sec/speed 6/MC on.
- Add remaining ingredients to mixer bowl. Combine for 15 sec/speed 3/MC on.
- Scrape out mixture onto the baking paper and using a silicone spatula form the mixture into two rectangle shapes of approx. 10 cm or 4” wide.
- Bake for 20 mins or until just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 140°C or 285°F.
- Allow to cool for 30 mins, then using a sharp serrated knife slice into 1.5cm biscotti.
- Place the biscotti back onto the baking paper lined tray and bake for 10 mins each side. You want the biscotti to be crispy, but not to brown too much - depending on your oven, you may need to adjust the time so keep an eye out! Allow to cool completely before serving.
Allowing the log to cool before cutting and using a sharp serrated knife are both really essential to achieving a nicer looking finished biscotti.
If you prefer a super crunchy biscotti, we recommend reducing the oven temperature on the second cook and cooking for longer.
Use different nut and fruit combinations or add some cocoa powder to change up your flavours.