Bombay Potato Salad has been requested by two of my favourite Skinnies – Gem & Katie – for a year now!
I think this will be a hit for summer bbq’s and parties and it is definitely a healthier spin on commercially made Bombay Potato Salad thanks to using yoghurt, in addition to no additives or preservatives. I have also provided instructions on how to make this a low carb salad using cauliflower. I hope you enjoy it! Love Nik xx
- Small handful of fresh continental parsley or coriander
- 10 small fresh mint leaves
- 150 g Greek yoghurt (or whole egg mayo for dairy free)
- 10 g olive oil
- 1 tbsp babas curry powder (increase if you want)
- 10 g dijon mustard
- 10 g white vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 700 g waxy potato, cut in to medium chunks (such as kipfler) or cauliflower florets for low carb
- sliced spring onion to serve
- Add fresh herbs to a dry mixer bowl. Chop for 2 sec/speed 8/MC on. Scrape bowl down and repeat if necessary.
- Insert butterfly and add remaining ingredients, except for potato and spring onion. Blend for 10 sec/speed 3/MC on. Scrape out sauce and set aside in the fridge.
- Without washing the bowl, add 300 g water and insert internal simmering basket. Put potato in the basket and cook for 17 min/steaming temperature/speed 3/MC on or until potato is just cooked but still firm. If using cauliflower, cook for 13 mins.
- Allow potato to cool completely before stirring through sauce and seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. You will get the best results if you refrigerate the potato salad for a few hours before serving. Top with spring onion before serving.