In preparation for the launch of A Little Taste of Mexico, I thought a Chipotle Chilli in Adobo Sauce recipe would be appreciated by my followers who are unable to use the commercially available stuff for various dietary reasons. You can source the specialty chillis to make this from your local Mexican retailer, or through one of our awesome affiliates Grandmas Pantry or Vanilla&Co.
skinnymixer's Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 2 dried ancho chilli
- 10 dried chipotle morita chilli
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1 medium brown onion peeled, quartered
- 30 g | 1 oz oil of choice
- 400 g | 14.1 oz tin chopped tomato
- 100 g | 3.5 oz water
- 50 g | 1.8 oz tomato paste
- 20 g | 0.7 oz white vinegar
- 20 g | 0.7 oz coconut sugar or brown sugar leave out for low carb
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Soak ancho and chipotle chilli in boiling water for 20 mins.
- While the chilli are soaking, add garlic and onion to mixer bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 9/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add oil to mixer bowl and cook for 7 min/100 degrees/speed 1/MC off.
- When the chillis have finished soaking, remove the stems from each chilli and deseed the ancho. Set the chipotle aside.
- Put the ancho in the mixer bowl with the remaining ingredients (except the chipotle) and blend for 1 min/speed 9/MC on.
- Add the chipotle chillis to the bowl and cook for 15 min/steaming temperature/slowest speed/MC off. Put your simmering basket over the hole to avoid making a mess!