This healthy thermomix recipe is in celebration of the Skinnymixers Facebook Group reaching 20,000 followers! This is my best Thermomix curry recipe to date and I have been working on perfecting it for a few weeks now (hubby isnt complaining!). I hope you enjoy it, as this is a very special recipe to me 🙂 xx
skinnymixer's Chicken Tikka Masala
- 200 g | 7 oz brown onion halved
- 1 large red chilli deseeded, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 20 g | 0.7 oz fresh ginger peeled and roughly sliced
- 25 g | 0.9 oz apple cider vinegar
- 100 g | 3.5 oz olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds
- 1 star anise
- 1 x 400 g | 14.1 oz tin of Ardmona chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp chilli flakes optional
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp malaysian meat curry powder
- 700 g | 24.7 oz chicken breast diced
- 1 red capsicum seeds removed, medium dice
- 70 g | 2.5 oz cream
- 1 tbsp garam masala pepper free
- Large handful of fresh coriander roughly chopped
- Add onion, chilli, ginger, garlic and 115 g or 4 oz water to mixer bowl. Blend for 1 min/speed 7/MC on.
- Add apple cider vinegar to mixture and blend for 5 sec/speed 5/MC on. Set aside.
- Without washing the bowl, add olive oil, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and star anise to mixer bowl. Sauté for 5 min/120°C or 250°F (or steaming temperature for TM31 users)/slowest speed/reverse/butterfly/MC off.
- Add reserved onion mixture to bowl.
- Cook 8 min/120°C or 250°F (or steaming temperature for TM31 users)/speed soft/reverse/butterfly/MC off.
- Add tinned tomato, salt, chilli if using, turmeric and curry powder to mixer bowl.
- Cook for a further 20 min/120°C or 250°F (or steaming temperature for TM31 users)/slowest speed/reverse/butterfly/MC off.
- Place simmering basket on top of mixer bowl to prevent splatter.
- Add chicken breast to mixer bowl.
- Cook 11 min/100°C or 212°F/speed soft/reverse/butterfly/MC on.
- Add diced capsicum and cream to mixer bowl.
- Cook for a further 5 min/100°C or 212°F/slowest speed/reverse/butterfly/MC off.
- When curry has finished cooking, remove it to an insulated server, stir through garam masala and chopped coriander, cover and let it stand for 5 min to infuse.
Unfortunately I had to endure the less than perfect curries to get to the above recipe but I was selfless so you could experience this divinity. It is amazing for dinner, lunch AND breakfast and hot or cold. What a special treat to celebrate 20,000 members. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I do - sorry Indian Temptations, I won't be ordering from you any time soon. Bellini users Use blunt blade for this recipe. Do not use butterfly to avoid the risk of overheating your machine. At step 3, step 5 and step 7 use speed 1 and ST temp if using an Intelli and 120°C or 250°F if using a Supercook.
At step 10 and step 12 use speed 1.