Chicken and vegetable soup is something that has always daunted me- Mum always made it when we were sick and it tasted sooooooooo good that I was sure it was really difficult to make.Turns out, its crazy simple, very cheap and also really good for you. Provided you have the time, you can make a nourishing and reportedly healing Thermomix Chicken soup – but if time isn’t something you have in abundance, I have also given “quick” instructions for a 15 minute meal as well (in the notes). I know my family will be enjoying this recipe winter long. Love Nik xx
P.s. how beautiful is that bowl? I bought it at a recent trip to the Jam Factory here in South Australia.
skinnymixer's Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- 1 medium brown onion peeled, quatered
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 50 g | 1.8 oz celery roughly chopped
- 50 g | 1.8 oz carrots roughly chopped
- 700 g | 24.7 oz skinless chicken thigh with the bone or lovely legs I recommend you use free range
- roughly 900 g | 32 oz water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
To Serve (recommended, you can use what you like)
- 150 g | 5.3 oz carrot thinly sliced
- 150 g | 5.3 oz celery thinly sliced
- 200 g | 7 oz spinach leaves thinly sliced
- handful of fresh continental parsley roughly chopped
- Add onion, garlic, celery, carrots and chicken directly in to mixer bowl.
- Pour water, salt, pepper and bay leaf into mixer bowl, to the max line - this is roughly 900 g or 32 oz in the TM31, a bit more in the TM5. Cook for 60 min/90°C or 195°F/slowest speed/MC on. You can totally clean your kitchen and prepare your vegetables for serving now 😛
- When cooking time has finished, remove your chicken to a thermal server and add your serving vegetables (except for the spinach and parsley) to the stock (I dont bother draining it, the stock vegetables are also delicious!). Cook for 10-15 min/90°C or 195°F/slowest speed/MC on. While the vegetables are cooking, carefully shred your meat from the bones without burning yourself, and discard the bones. Pour soup & vegetables over your chicken, spinach and parsley, season to taste if needed, and serve.
Omit stock ingredients.
Replace chicken thigh/leg with 700 g or 24.7 oz cubed chicken breast.
Add cubed chicken breast, pepper and serving vegetables (except for the spinach and parsley) to mixer bowl with 2 tbsp chicken stock concentrate.
Top water up to max fill line and cook for 10-15 min/90°C or 195°F/slowest speed/MC on or until cooked. Bellini Users Use your blunt blade for this recipe. At step 2 use speed 1.
At step 3 cook for longer if required.