I am terrible with eating breakfast and even worse with eating eggs for breakfast. I much prefer to intermittent fast until around 11am and then opt for a filling and nutritious brunch – I have also found this works well for me with weightloss and maintenance. I love doing frittatas in the Thermomix because they are healthy, quick, yummy and there is very little cleaning up required. This frittata uses my Greek Spice Mix from The Healthy Mix cookbook, but I have provided a substitute in the notes. I have also provided a variation in the notes if you are wanting to turn this into a ‘super skinny’ or low calorie meal. Happy mixing, Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Low Carb Greek Frittata
- 40 g | 1.4 oz spinach leaves
- 40 g | 1.4 oz pure cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Greek Spice Mix
- 6 cherry tomatoes halved
- 30 g | 1 oz feta cheese crumbled (I prefer Bulgarian Feta, but danish is nice too!)
- spring onion for garnish
- Wet and wring out a piece of baking paper and cover the top, flat steaming tray.
- Put spinach leaves into mixer bowl, chop for 1-2 sec/speed 4/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add cream, eggs, salt and spice mix to mixer bowl, blend for 10 sec/speed 4/MC on.
- Pour egg mixture onto the prepared baking paper and arrange tomato and feta on top. Rinse the mixer bowl.
- Add 300 g or 10.6 oz water to the mixer bowl, put the steaming trays in place and steam for 15 min/steaming temperature/speed 3 or until cooked.
- Garnish with spring onion, cracked pepper and salt to taste.
At step 5 use ST temp if using an Intelli and 120-130°C or 250-270°F if using a Supercook. If using an Intelli place a tea towel over the lid of the steamer to help keep the heat in. Add on cooking time if required.