Mushy peas are traditionally served with fish and chips in the UK, but here in South Australia we like our mushy peas with meat pies! Give a reverse Pie Floater a go this Australia Day using this Mushy Peas Thermomix recipe and my Aussie Meat Pie Filling found here. Love Nik xx
- 500 g | 17.6 oz frozen peas
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 30 g | 1 oz butter or olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch of cracked black pepper
- Add 300 g or 10.6 oz water and mint leaves to mixer bowl and insert simmering basket. Put peas inside the simmering basket and cook for 9 min/steaming temperature/speed 3/MC on.
- Set aside peas, drain water and discard mint leaf. Add peas back to mixer bowl with remaining ingredients and mush for 10 sec/speed 5/MC on or until desired consistency is reached.