To celebrate Mothers Day 2018, I thought some gluten free & dairy free pancakes would be appreciated by all of the mothers out there who can’t have gluten or dairy. I am not going to pretend that these are anything like the traditional pancakes made with flour and milk, but they are really delicious and a wonderful substitute if you can’t have the real thing. If you can have dairy, I highly recommend making some Skinny Whip (whipped ricotta) to serve with these! Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Almond Pancakes
- 200 g | 7 oz blanched almond meal flour
- 270 g | 9.5 oz tin coconut milk you may need to adjust the amount depending on how liquid your milk is - see the pic below
- 50 g | 1.8 oz honey or preferred sweetener
- 4 whole eggs
- 10 g | 0.3 oz coconut oil or butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat pan on a low heat. I used a griddle pan which made this very easy!
- Add all ingredients to mixer bowl. Blend for 10 sec/speed 4/MC on. Scrape bowl down and repeat once.
- Fry on a very low heat until cooked through, and flip. Almond meal pancakes can burn very easily so it is best to take your time with these. We recommend smaller pikelet sized pancakes.