The recipe that started it all – Inspired by Maddy from Forum Thermomix, this is the first recipe I ever released on the Skinnymixers Facebook Group and a very popular one ever since. This is a hearty and filling soup without the calories.
- 500 g chopped vegetables (zucchini, carrot, celery, mushroom)
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 60 g diced shortcut bacon
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 tbsp stock concentrate + 1000 g water (or 1 litre liquid stock)
- 140 g tomato paste
- black pepper to taste
- 80 g small shell pasta (optional - omit for grain free version)
- lemon zest and chopped parsley for serving
- If you want your vegetables to be uniform, dice as desired - otherwise add roughly chopped vegetables to mixer bowl and chop for 5 sec/speed 4/MC on. Set aside.
- Without washing the bowl, add onion and garlic, chop for 5 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Scrape bowl down, add oil and diced bacon. Cook for 5 min/100 degrees/speed 1/MC off.
- Add stock concentrate, water, reserved vegetables, tomato paste and black pepper. Cook for 13 min/100 degrees/speed 1/reverse/MC on.
- Add pasta if using and cook for 7 min/100 degrees/speed 1/MC on.
- Serve with grated lemon zest and chopped parsley.
Use blunt blade with this recipe.
At step 1 chop for longer if required.
At step 5 check pasta is done and extend cooking time if necessary.