Bacon & Vegetable Soup is the recipe that started it all – Inspired by Maddy from Forum Thermomix, this is the first recipe I ever released on the Skinnymixers Facebook Group and a very popular one ever since.
It is a hearty, filling and nourishing soup without the calories. Super budget friendly and you can utilise whatever vegetables that you have in the fridge.
The Bacon & Vegetable Soup recipe is a free recipe and it also features in The Healthy Mix Cookbook with updated variations for different dietary needs. Gluten free, dairy free and can easily be made vegetarian, LCHF or Keto.
This healthy Thermomix Soup recipe will quickly become your go-to Soup, when you don’t know what to make for dinner.
You can omit the bacon for a vegetarian version or omit the carrot and pasta for the LCHF / Keto version.
If you are looking for other amazing Thermomix Soup recipes, I highly recommend that you try these:
- ALToIT: Minestrone
- skinnymixer’s Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- skinnymixer’s Thai Red Chicken Soup
- skinnymixer’s Vietnamese Pho
- skinnymixer’s Coconut Curried Pumpkin Soup
If you are a super organised Skinnymixers that likes to meal prep, this recipe freezes and defrosts extremely well.
Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Bacon and Vegetable Soup
- 500 g chopped vegetables zucchini, carrot, celery, mushroom
- 1 brown onion quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 60 g diced shortcut bacon
- 20 g olive oil
- 2 tbsp stock concentrate + 1000 g or 35.3 oz water or 1 litre or 33.8 fl oz liquid stock
- 140 g tomato paste
- black pepper to taste
- 80 g small shell pasta optional - omit for grain free, LCHF or Keto version
- lemon zest and chopped parsley for serving
- If you want your vegetables to be uniform, dice as desired - otherwise add roughly chopped vegetables to mixer bowl and chop for 5 sec/speed 4/MC on. Set aside.
- Without washing the bowl, add onion and garlic, chop for 5 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Scrape bowl down, add oil and diced bacon. Cook for 5 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off.
- Add stock concentrate, water, reserved vegetables, tomato paste and black pepper. Cook for 13 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/reverse/MC on.
- Add pasta if using and cook for 7 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC on.
- Serve with grated lemon zest and chopped parsley.