With the 50 year celebration of the Big Mac filling our bellies and clogging our hearts, I thought it was the perfect time for me to tackle reverse engineering the Golden Arches special sauce. Moving towards a healthier lifestyle doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on the essence of your favourite treat meals – I recommend whipping up a batch of the Breakfast Sausage Patties in The Healthy Mix II and serving as a salad, or even on my Low Carb Burger Buns. Love Nik xx
- 60 g | 2.1 oz dill pickles, roughly chopped
- 10 g | 0.3 oz honey
- ½ Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard, room temperature
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- decent pinch of salt
- 125 g | 4.4 oz avocado oil from Costco or light tasting olive oil
- Add pickles to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 5/MC on. Scrape down and repeat if necessary.
- Insert butterfly. Add rest of ingredients, except oil, to mixer bowl and combine for 1 min/37 degrees/speed 3/MC on.
- Set timer for 3 min/37°C or 100°F/speed 3 and very slowly drizzle in oil, taking the full three minutes to do so. This sauce will thicken in the fridge if desired. If you store it in a sterilised glass jar, it will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Oils that are too strong for mayo - stronger tasting Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Avocado Oil from health food shops, Coles, Woolworths, Aldi.
VEGAN VARIATION: Omit egg and oil. Replace with 160 g shop bought compliant mayo. This is also perfect if you are pregnant.
KETO VARIATION: Replace honey with 1 pinch natvia.