Who doesn’t LOVE Buffalo Wings? I know that they’re a staple in Sian’s diet, and because we want her part of the Skinnymixers team forever, I knew it was my duty to create a healthier version for her to enjoy. I learnt the trick of crisping up the chicken wings without frying from my friend, Sasha, who learnt it from a YouTube video – I used this recipe as a guide for the timing on these.
I hope you love them as much as Sarah, Kirsty, Michael, Todd our pool guy and myself did today! These Buffalo Wings are perfect served with my Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce or the Ranch Sauce from The Healthy Mix II.
Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Buffalo Wings
- 2 kg chicken wings separated in to wings and drumettes
- 2 Tbsp baking powder NOT baking soda!
- ½ tsp salt
- 150 g hot sauce I recommend Franks original hot sauce from Coles or my Roasted Chilli Sauce
- 40 g butter or olive oil
- 20 g honey optional for low carb/keto
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 pinches of salt
- Preheat oven to 120°C or 250°F, fan-forced. Line a baking tray and place an oven proof wire rack on top.
- Pat chicken wings with kitchen paper so that they are as dry as possible.
- Using a large bowl, toss chicken wings through baking powder and salt and place on rack in a single layer (its ok if they're touching, they shrink) to cook in the oven at 120°C or 250°F for 30 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 220°C or 430°F and cook for a further 30 minutes or until wings are crispy.
- When the wings are nearly finished baking, prepare hot sauce by adding all ingredients to mixer bowl and cook for 7 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off. Once wings are cooked and crispy, coat with hot sauce and serve with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce.