Recently I was having a business meeting at one of my favourite cafés in Adelaide, Argo on the Parade, and I saw Turmeric Latte on the menu and I have been meaning to try it for about a year now. I had heard little anecdotes here and there that turmeric was really good for you, especially if you suffer from inflammation, but if you follow me you know I don’t really go for the ‘trendy’ health crazes and I certainly don’t recommend them to people en masse… but the Turmeric Latte was really delicious.
I posted about it on Instagram, and one of my all time favourite business women from Crio Bru Australia commented, and it dawned on me… Crio Bru Turmeric Latte would be amazing! So here it is… Chai Turmeric Bru (Chai Crio Bru Turmeric Latte). For those of you who dont know what Crio Bru is, its a completely healthy and amazing pure chocolate drink, with its own list of extensive health benefits. If you are thinking of exploring turmeric for its health benefits, I highly recommend you consult your medical practitioner if you have any existing health issues – just to be on the safe side.
Love Nik xx
Please note, this is not a sponsored post.
skinnymixer's Chai Turmeric Bru
- 10 g fresh turmeric sliced into thin round coins or 1-2 tsp organic pure turmeric powder
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom seeds or 2 cardamom pods
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- small pinch of cayenne pepper or ground black pepper
- 3 whole cloves
- 50 g raw honey
- 500 g water
- 400 g coconut milk or preferred milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 50 g Crio Brü granules
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves and pepper to mixer bowl, mill 30 sec/speed 8/MC on.
- Add remaining ingredients, cook 10 min/80°C or 175°F/speed 3/MC on.
- Strain liquid first with a mesh strainer, then french press for silky smooth consistency. You can also use a nut milk bag to strain as well.
- I then used a milk frother to whiz it up a little before drinking.
Use sharp blade for this recipe.