These choc chip oat bars are a great snack for lunchboxes and are a breeze to make in the Thermomix or Bimby. I use the Enjoy Life Foods choc chips because they are dairy free, but more importantly they are made in a dedicated nut and gluten-free facility – which is an awesome choice for people who have coeliacs or anaphalaxis. You could easily adjust the ingredients in these to make different flavours, for example cinnamon and dried apple. I purposefully made these dairy free, which does change the texture of the bars compared to traditional ones – but feel free to add in butter if you wish. I hope you love them! xx
- 300 g | 10.6 oz whole (rolled) oats
- 100 g | 3.5 oz coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 60 g | 2.1 oz milk of choice (i used coconut)
- 3 whole eggs
- 150 g | 5.3 oz chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 375°F, and lightly grease + line a medium sized slice tray.
- Add oats to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Add remaining ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, and mix for 10 sec/speed 3/MC on.
- Add chocolate chips and mix for 5 sec/speed 3/MC on.
- Press mixture into prepared tin and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting.
Freezes and defrosts well.
GLUTEN FREE: Replace Oats with Quinoa Flakes
Click here for Choc Chip Oat Bars Flavour Variations compiled from the Skinnymixers Community.