These choc chip oat bars are a great snack for lunchboxes and afterschool. I use the Enjoy Life Foods choc chips because they are dairy free, but more importantly they are made in a dedicated nut and gluten-free facility – which is an awesome choice for people who have coeliacs or anaphalaxis. You could easily adjust the ingredients in these to make different flavours, for example cinnamon and dried apple. I purposefully made these dairy free, which does change the texture of the bars compared to traditional ones – but feel free to add in butter if you wish. I hope you love them! xx
- 300 g | 10.6 oz whole (rolled) oats
- 100 g | 3.5 oz coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 60 g | 2.1 oz milk of choice (i used coconut)
- 3 whole eggs
- 150 g | 5.3 oz chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 375°F, and lightly grease + line a medium sized slice tray.
- Add oats to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Add remaining ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, and mix for 10 sec/speed 3/MC on.
- Add chocolate chips and mix for 5 sec/speed 3/MC on.
- Press mixture into prepared tin and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting.
Freezes and defrosts well.
Click here for Choc Chip Oat Bars Flavour Variations compiled from the Skinnymixers Community.