Mayo is my favourite condiment, and making your own mayonnaise from scratch makes it a super healthy, delicious dairy free addition to meals.
I highly recommend using the avocado oil from Costco, but if you’re not able to source it I have found Moro Light Tasting Olive Oil is the second best! Love Nik xx
- 125 g | 4.4 oz avocado oil from costco or cobram light tasting olive oil
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 heaped teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 10 g | 0.3 oz raw honey optional
- pinch salt and pepper
- Insert butterfly, add yolk, mustard, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper to mixer bowl. Mix for 1 min/37°C or 100°F/speed 4/MC on..
- Set mixer to 3 mins/37°C or 100°F/speed 4 and VERY slowly start drizzling oil into bowl. Take the full 3 minutes to do so. Scrape bowl out and set aside in the fridge.