The admin girls have been begging me to do a peri peri chicken for years now, and the suggestion finally made itself to the top of my list! I am so glad it did… I truly believe this is one of the best tasting recipes I have ever developed. It is perfect for those who are wanting to lose a little holiday season weight: its low carb, gluten free, preservative free, dairy free – and with a hint of chilli it’ll get your metabolism working! We served it with some fresh lemon and a summer salad but it would also be amazing paired with my chipotle chips and aioli. I hope everyone takes the time to marinate it for at least 8 hours, the flavour develops significantly ! Love Nik xx
- 1 - 1.5 kg chicken thighs (or whatever chicken you want)
- 4 x garlic cloves
- 1 large brown onion, peeled, quartered
- 50 g lemon juice
- 20 g olive oil
- 15 g sweet paprika
- 10 g fresh ginger, cut into coins
- ¼ tsp chilli powder (this is mild, increase for spicer peri peri)
- ¾ - 1 tbsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- fresh lemon & parsley for serving
- Please note. this recipe requires 8 hours marinating time.
- Add all ingredients, except chicken, and blend for 1 min/speed 5/MC on.
- Coat chicken well and marinate in the fridge for a recommended 8 hours.
- You can then fry, grill, bake or BBQ your chicken until cooked. Garnish with chopped parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
FODMAP Friendly: Take out garlic and swap the plain oil with garlic-infused olive oil and use the green part of spring onions instead of 1 large onion.
Use your sharp blade for this recipe.