If you’re a Skinnymixer, you know I don’t eat seafood… and I definitely do not eat prawns. For a really long time I also refused to cook seafood in my Thermomix because I felt like I could NEVER get it clean enough! Since I got a dishwasher (best.thing.ever!), I have been a little more relaxed with this rule. M has been pretty awesome over the past two weeks, having lost 8.3kg (you can read more here), so it was time he was rewarded with something yummy but super healthy/compliant. This is a great “base” recipe, which you can add different things to if you don’t have to be so restrictive like poor M does for now.
- 200 g prawn meat, (cleaned weight)
- tray of ice
- 200 g cucumber, cubed
- handful of chopped fresh coriander
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- 20 g olive oil (omit for p2)
- cubed avocado
- diced fresh tomato
- Weigh in 300 g water to mixer bowl, set for 8 min/steaming temperature/speed 2/MC on.
- Insert simmering basket and put your prawns inside, cook for 3 min/steaming temperature/speed 2/MC on.
- When the prawns are finished, immediately put them into cold water with the ice to cool, while you prepare your salad.
- Drain prawns well, cut your prawn meat into small chunks, stir through salad and you can either let it marinate in the fridge for a few hours or serve immediately.
Feel free to play around with the ingredients and seasonings.. this is just to show you how quickly and easy you can cook up a healthy light meal.
Add a nice big dollop of my aiolifor a great LCHF meal.
Use blunt blade for this recipe
At step 1 use ST temp if using an Intelli, use 120 degrees if using a Supercook.
At step 2 use ST temp if using an Intelli, use 120 degrees if using a Supercook.