I am of the school of thought that not everything served on the table HAS to be made in the Thermy… especially with the warmer weather headed our way, you will often find me whipping up a salad or a mash to go with a quick BBQ for dinner. I happen to think this is the best sweet potato mash recipe around, and we have it any time I am craving something a bit carby/naughty: because on the scale of 0-deep fried Oreo, mashed sweet potato really isn’t that bad.
- 600 g sweet potato, peeled, cubed into medium chunks
- 30 g butter
- 30 g cream
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛th tsp cracked black pepper
- Add 500 g water to mixer bowl and put sweet potato into simmering basket. Insert into mixer bowl and cook for 17 min/steaming temperature/speed 2/MC on.
- When sweet potato is cooked, remove from mixer bowl and set aside. Drain water.
- Add butter to mixer bowl and melt for 2 min/50 degrees/speed 2/MC on.
- Put sweet potato back in to mixer bowl, mash for 10 sec/speed 5/ MC on.
- Insert butterfly and put cream, salt and pepper into mixer bowl. Whip for 30 sec/speed 4/MC on.
Use sharp blade for this recipe.
At step 1 use 120 degrees if using a Supercook.