This is a yummy and healthy recipe to make a batch up ahead of time for a party, picnic or even just quick lunches.
There isn’t much special about it, its just a standard bruschetta mix… but I double dare you to drizzle my balsamic glaze over it 😉 I served this mix over Mia Ringsparr Gluten Free LCHF/Paleo Crackers and I also stirred it through spelt pasta for the kids dinner… and I am betting you could even put it over pizza with cheese too… so its super versatile.
The trick to this one is to find ripe tomatoes, but not soft ones… the flesh still has to have a bit of firmness to it.
Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Bruschetta Mix
- 30 g parmesan cheese cubed (optional, omit for dairy free/vegan)
- 1/2-1 small garlic clove peeled
- 15 g fresh basil leaves
- 10 g red/spanish onion
- 10 g oz olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 250 g firm but ripe roma tomatoes halved and with the seeds scooped out
- Add parmesan to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 9/MC on.
- Add garlic to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 7/MC on.
- Add fresh basil, onion, oil, salt and pepper to mixer bowl, chop for 2 sec/speed 5/MC on.
- Add fresh tomato to mixer bowl and chop for about 4-5 sec/speed 5/MC on. Depending on your machine, you may need to do this for a few more seconds.
Use sharp blade for this recipe. Extend chopping time slightly at each step if necessary.