I say it all the time… but I LOVE mushrooms! This is a great, simple breakfast or lunch recipe that pairs really well with quite a few of the recipes in my soon to be released Healthy Mix II. They’re also amazing over baby spinach, zoodles or steak for a low carb meal. Don’t forget to leave me a comment on the blog if you cook these, Love Nik xx
skinnymixer's Creamy Butter Mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic peeled
- 100 g | 3.5 oz salted butter cubed
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves
- 400 g | 14.1 oz Swiss brown mushrooms sliced thickly (you can use other mushrooms, but I found Swiss the best for this)
- 50 g | 1.8 oz cream not pure cream, just your normal thickened cream or lower fat % cream
- handful of fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Add garlic to mixer bowl. chop for 3 sec/speed 9/MC on. Scrape bowl down.
- Add butter and thyme to mixer bowl. Cook for 2 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 10 min/steaming temperature/speed 1/MC off.
- Add cream and cook for 3 min/100°C or 212°F/speed 1/MC off. Season with salt and pepper to taste. At this point, if the sauce is not thick enough for your liking you can either remove the mushrooms and continue to reduce the sauce on steaming temperature OR add 1/2 tsp corn flour and mix on speed 3. Stir through fresh parsley and serve.