Ok so this Hot Cross Buns Bread and Butter Pudding Thermomix recipe really isn’t Skinny & is definitely a treat dessert Thermomix recipe reserved for Easter. Perfect for using leftover homemade Hot X Buns or if you have some Hot Cross Buns going stale.
I posted this recipe in the Skinnymixers group one Easter a few years ago and it seems to have become a tradition for some Skinnymixers – so I thought I had better blog the recipe! You could also use my Lovely Finger Buns Recipe from the Thermomix Community.
Not-so-Skinny Tips from the Skinnymixers Facebook Community:
- Replace the jam with 3 medium size crushed up chocolate Easter Eggs & drizzle with warm caramel sauce.
- Replace the Hot X Buns with Croissants or homemade fruit loaf.
- If you use Chocolate Hot Cross Buns for the Pudding, add some orange zest into the custard mixture.
- You can add an extra naughty dash of Cointreau
- Probably shouldn’t even mention this variation, as it is over the top decadent and definitely not Skinny… (Chocolate HCB, Nutella & Bailey’s Irish Cream!!!)
Hot Cross Buns Bread and Butter Pudding
- 6 Hot Cross Buns
- jam of choice
- 200 g cream
- 50 g milk of choice
- 20 g coconut sugar or sugar of choice
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees, fan-forced. Butter a baking dish.
- Slice buns into bread slice thickness. Butter the slices on one side, jam on the other.
- Arrange slices on baking dish.
- Add cream, milk, sugar and eggs into mixer bowl. Blend for 30 sec/speed 4/MC on. Pour over the hot x buns and allow it to soak in for 5 min. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 min, or until golden brown and set.
Are you on our Skinnymixers Newsletter? Have all of our latest Thermomix recipes delivered to your Inbox – http://bit.ly/SkinnyNews
Other Popular Easter Thermomix Recipe Resources from Skinnymixers
- Favourite Fish & Seafood Thermomix Recipes
- The SM Guide to Entertaining Thermomix Recipes
- Coeliac for Beginners Guide + Gluten Free Thermomix Recipes