There have been quite a few posts in Skinnymixers about what to make with chillies lately, so I thought I would share my Sambal Oelek recipe for the Thermomix™. This recipe was created for my best-selling cookbook, ‘A Little Taste of Asia’ but I felt it was too simple to include in the cookbook. Sambal Oelek is a spicy condiment which is great to have in the fridge if your family have different spice preferences. The perfect condiment to have with my Vietnamese Pho or Curry Mee Laksa.
skinnymixer's Sambal Oelek
- 100 g large red chillies roughly chopped
- 15 g Apple Cider Vinegar I use Braggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar of choice optional for keto/lchf
- Add chillies to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 9/MC on. Scrape bowl down, repeat 3 times.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for 3 sec/speed 9/MC on.