There have been quite a few posts in Skinnymixers about what to make with chillies lately, so I thought I would share my Sambal Oelek recipe for the Thermomix™. This recipe was created for my best-selling cookbook, ‘A Little Taste of Asia’ but I felt it was too simple to include in the cookbook. Sambal Oelek is a spicy condiment which is great to have in the fridge if your family have different spice preferences. The perfect condiment to have with my Vietnamese Pho or Curry Mee Laksa.
- 100 g large red chillies, roughly chopped
- 15 g Apple Cider Vinegar (I use Braggs)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar of choice (optional for keto/lchf)
- Add chillies to mixer bowl, chop for 3 sec/speed 9/MC on. Scrape bowl down, repeat 3 times.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for 3 sec/speed 9/MC on.