Shredded Mayo Chicken is one of my absolute favourite recipes in the Thermomix, super quick and super healthy. If making homemade mayo has been on your list but you haven’t tackled it yet, start here
Great as a sandwich filler for lunch boxes, and also with salad for either a warm or cold chicken salad. It makes enough chicken for at least a few meals.
skinnymixer's Shredded Mayo Chicken
- 125 g | 4.4 oz avocado oil from costco or cobram light tasting olive oil
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 heaped teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 10 g | 0.3 oz raw honey optional for keto/lchf
- pinch salt and pepper
- 500-700 g | 17.6-24.7 oz chicken breast cubed
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Insert butterfly, add yolk, mustard, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper to mixer bowl. Mix for 1 min/37°C or 100°F/speed 4/MC on..
- Set mixer to 3 mins/37°C or 100°F/speed 4 and VERY slowly start drizzling oil into bowl. Take the full 3 minutes to do so. Scrape bowl out and set aside in the fridge.
- Without washing the bowl, add 300 g or 10.6 oz water to mixer bowl, put chicken onto steaming trays and steam for 17 min/steaming temperature/speed 2. Stir chicken up half way through cooking to ensure even cooking.
- When chicken has finished cooking, discard water. At this stage you can either wait for your chicken to cool completely for a cold shredded mayo chicken or shred while hot for a warm chicken salad for example.
- Add cooked chicken, desired amount of mayo and seasoning to mixer bowl. Shred for 2-4 seconds/speed 4/reverse/MC on. If your machine doesnt do reverse, try chopping for 3 seconds/speed 3/MC on.
Serving Size: 10g
Sat Fat: 1.3g
Sodium: 26mg Mayo chicken can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container. Left over mayo can be stored in a sterilised jar in the fridge for 1-2 weeks maximum. Experiment with your seasonings, try adding a spice mix to the chicken before shredding for example. Great as a sandwich filler or with salads. I use the avocado oil from Costco. If you don't have a costco near you, I recommend you use Cobram extra light tasting olive oil as the avocado oil from supermarkets is pretty gross! Shredded mayo chicken FODMAP adaptation
Someone somewhere asked about this being Fodmap friendly - if you replace the honey with rice malt syrup it's fine! Or maple syrup, although think that might adjust the taste too! 🙂 Bellini Users
Use blunt blade for this recipe Mayo Instructions
At step 1 use 40 degrees if using a Supercook
At step 2 use 40 degrees if using a Supercook Chicken Instructions
At step 1 use ST temp, speed 3 and put a tea towel over your steamer if using an Intelli, use 130 degrees and speed 4 if using a Supercook.
At step 3 use 3 - 5 seconds on speed 3 or until at desired consistency.
You might be interested in these other Thermomix Lunch Recipes…
- skinnymixer’s Mexican Shredded Chicken
- skinnymixer’s Lunchbox Chicken Loaf
- THM: Curried Egg Spread
- Back to School Lunchbox Guide
Love Pinterest? Pin the recipe for later: