The 5 Herb & Garlic Spelt Focaccia was the original Thermomix recipe that I launched my Skinnymixers website with.
To celebrate the launch of the new TM5 in 2014, I decided to release one of my healthy Thermomix recipes which many have asked for in the past!
My 5 Herb & Garlic Spelt Focaccia.
If you haven’t made fresh focaccia before, you are in for a treat. Not only is it super easy, it is so light and fluffy!
You can use any herbs that you have on hand for this healthy Thermomix recipe, and you can also use normal plain flour or Bakers flour if you don’t have spelt flour.
skinnymixer's 5 Herb & Garlic Spelt Focaccia
- 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic
- small handful of parsley
- a few sprigs of oregano
- 3 sage leaves
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- a few thyme leaves
- one small spring onion white part only
- 400 g spelt flour can be part white spelt, part wholemeal spelt, or all white or all wholemeal...
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 30 g olive oil
- 270 g warm water
- Add garlic, spring onion and fresh herbs to mixer bowl.
- Chop 3 sec/speed 9/MC on.
- Scrape bowl out and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients in the following order: water, yeast, olive oil, flour and salt.
- Knead 2 min/kneading function/MC on. In the last 10 seconds, add ¾ of the garlic/herb mix.
- Remove to a large floured or oiled bowl and cover with a cloth in a warm spot for an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Knock your dough back, pour it on to a baking tray lined with baking paper and shape. It will be sticky/runny - this is good!
- Sprinkle with salt, reserved herbs/garlic and a little extra olive oil.
- Do a second rise for 20 min, uncovered.
- Bake in the oven until done - about 25-30 min checking at 20 min.
- Let it rest for 10 min before serving.