skinnymixer's 5 Herb & Garlic Spelt Focaccia
Recipe type: Bread
- 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic
- small handful of parsley
- a few sprigs of oregano
- 3 sage leaves
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- a few thyme leaves
- one small spring onion (white part only)
- 400 g | 14.1 oz spelt flour (can be part white spelt, part wholemeal spelt, or all white or all wholemeal...)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 30 g | 1 oz olive oil
- 270 g | 9.5 oz warm water
- Add garlic, spring onion and fresh herbs to mixer bowl.
- Chop 3 sec/speed 9/MC on.
- Scrape bowl out and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients in the following order: water, yeast, olive oil, flour and salt.
- Knead 2 min/speed interval/MC on. In the last 10 seconds, add ¾ of the garlic/herb mix.
- Remove to a large floured or oiled bowl and cover with a cloth in a warm spot for an hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Knock your dough back, pour it on to a baking tray lined with baking paper and shape. It will be sticky/runny - this is good!
- Sprinkle with salt, reserved herbs/garlic and a little extra olive oil.
- Do a second rise for 20 min, uncovered.
- Bake in the oven until done - about 25-30 min checking at 20 min.
- Let it rest for 10 min before serving.
You can omit the herb/garlic stage for a plain focaccia 🙂
Serving size: 50g Calories: 151 Fat: 4.8g Saturated fat: 1.6g Carbohydrates: 20.2g Sugar: 0.4g Sodium: 175mg Protein: 5.8g
Comments from Michael
One of my favourite things is coming home to the smell of this focaccia. It is amazing 🙂