It is that time of year again where everyone’s attention turns to ‘What should I make for Christmas?’. Well if you haven’t already found inspiration from ‘The Skinnymixers Guide to Entertaining’, then hopefully this meal plan will help. We’d love if you could comment below with any other special dishes you are making for the festive season.
Recipes to make ahead to help keep Christmas Cheery…
- skinnymixer’s Chilled Mulled Cider – Struggling to get into the Christmas Spirit? This refreshing Christmas cocktail will get your Jingle Bells started.
- skinnymixer’s Cheese Log – This cheese log is truly a standout and very adaptable to your own tastes. I’ve never actually liked the taste of blue cheese before, but if you use a mild blue cheese it is something special.
- skinnymixer’s Christmas Brownies – Making a batch of Christmas Brownies will help you indulge without over-indulging (unless you eat the whole tray – which is a strong possibility!) Adjust these Christmas Brownies to your own family’s preference.
- skinnymixer’s Mushroom Pâté – I’m sorry but this is not one I can personally recommend… I haven’t quite got around to making this dish yet, but I’m told on good authority that this recipe is lovely for mushroom lovers…
- skinnymixer’s Raw Spiced Rum Balls – If you have ever made these incredible Raw Spiced Rum Balls, you will know why these are a MUST make for every Skinnymixers Christmas treats. These will be a smash hit with your adult guests, and there is an alcohol free variation for the kiddies.
Recipes to have on the side to level up the flavour…
- skinnymixer’s Beetroot Relish – This tasty relish is amazing with your bacon & eggs for breakfast (add the Smashed Avo for a taste sensation), a great addition to serve with your ham or cold meats or maybe just on a cheese platter for a grazing platter.
- skinnymixer’s Whole Grain Mustard – What could be better with your ham than homemade whole grain mustard?
Salads for the Main Event…
- THMII: Moroccan Quinoa Salad – I know this salad has been creeping onto quite a few Skinnies Christmas Menus already. This is a knockout salad that you can make the day before.
- THMII: Prawn Cocktail Salad – I have personally been planning this salad for my Christmas Lunch for nearly a year. You can make the amazing Prawn Cocktail Sauce ahead of time and serve with fresh prawns, grilled salmon or any seafood that you like.
- THM: Chicken Caesar Salad – So you may not want to serve it with Chicken, but this Caesar Salad will be extremely popular with your guests. The crunch from the bacon and cashews, combined with the insanely delicious dressing…. seriously drool worthy.
- skinnymixer’s Red Pesto Chicken Salad – This salad is another show stopper and can be made ahead. I personally like to use roasted sweet potato and make it ahead of time. Keep some of the red pesto aside for cheese platters or to mix through with cream cheese as a dip.
The Main Event…
- THMII: Roast Chicken Dinner with all the Trimmings – This roast dinner is so full of flavour and to top it off is dairy-free and gluten-free. You can make the seasoning ahead of time and prep all your vegetables. I’d make the stuffing on the day though, to make sure the flavour goes through that amazing jus.
- skinnymixer’s Twice Cooked Pork Roast – to help save time on the day, get your butcher to butterfly the roast in half with the rind on one-side.
- skinnymixer’s Roast Pork Belly with Caramelised Apple Sauce – this is a classic Skinnymixers recipe that is simple, yet impressive.
- THM: Middle Eastern Lamb Cutlets – For something a little different why not try this mouth-watering marinade on a Lamb Shoulder and slow roast it. Pair it with the Moroccan Quinoa Salad for a stand-out dinner.
- skinnymixer’s Paleo Gingerbread Cake – Nothing is more Christmasy than this Gingerbread Cake. The smell of this cake filling your home will really remind you that it is Christmas.
- skinnymixer’s Roasted Balsamic Strawberries – So you have a not-so-skinny Pavlova that needs a little bit extra… try using these flavoursome roasted strawberries to top your masterpiece.
- skinnymixer’s Cherry Pie – wanting a hot dessert pie to go with your custard and dairy-free vanilla ice-cream? You can’t go past a warm Cherry Pie.
- skinnymixer’s LCHF Tiramisu – This Tiramisu is great for anyone looking for a not so sweet dessert, or simply looking for a lower carb dessert option. I’ve personally been known to eat leftover Tiramisu for breakfast the next day, it counts as coffee right?
- THMII: Dirty Chai Gelato – I don’t know about you but I’m pretty full by the time dessert rolls around on Christmas day and having some Dirty Chai Gelato to cool off will hit the spot.
- skinnymixer’s Pina Colada Sorbet – You may be wanting something a little more adult by the end of the day? Try adding a splash of your favourite alcohol to this summer sensation.