Hi! It’s Sian here…
This week one of my children had a fall and was put on a strict ‘Soft Foods’ only diet by the dentist for the next week. We actually get asked quite a bit in the Skinnymixers group for soft food recipes for people who have had their wisdom teeth out or perhaps gastric sleeve surgery. Hopefully this healthy recipe list for ‘soft foods’ in the Thermomix, will help next time it is needed.
Ok so the idea of eating dip off a spoon may not appeal to you. But if you’ve been living off a diet of soups, yoghurt, jelly and mashed vegetables for a few days then eating some full flavour snacks might be just what the doctor ordered.
- ALToM: Chile Con Queso
- ALToM: Guacamole
- skinnymixer’s Aioli (and chipotle chips)
- skinnymixer’s Avocado Dip
- skinnymixer’s Balsamic Sweet Potato Dip
- skinnymixer’s Tzatziki
- skinnymixer’s Mushroom Pâté
- skinnymixer’s Palak Raita
- skinnymixer’s Poppyseed Skordalia (potato dip)
- THM: Curried Egg Spread
The Thermomix makes the most amazing soups. For the chunkier style soups, simply remove any bones or non-edibles and blend by gradually increasing to Speed 9 with your MC ON. If you need a really smooth consistency, try adding cauliflower, potato or pumpkin during the cooking process.
- skinnymixer’s Bacon & Vegetable Soup – blend this soup to your desired consistency
- skinnymixer’s Chicken & Vegetable Soup – if you would like a thicker consistency soup, try using different vegetables like cauliflower or your favourite root vegetables.
- skinnymixer’s Chicken Zoodle Soup
- skinnymixer’s Coconut Curried Pumpkin Soup
- skinnymixer’s Creamy Chicken and Cauliflower Soup
- skinnymixer’s Greek Lemon & Egg Soup
- skinnymixer’s Thai Red Chicken Soup
- skinnymixer’s Vietnamese Pho
- THM: No Fat Tomato Soup
- Thermobexta’s Whatever Chunky Vegetable Soup
- Thermobexta’s French Onion Soup
- THM: Banoffee Smoothie
- THM: Blueberry Protein Smoothie
- skinnymixer’s LCHF Breakfast Smoothie
- skinnymixer’s Paleo Breakfast Smoothie
- skinnymixer’s Study Smoothie
- skinnymixer’s Vanillaberry Juice
TIP: When making your own smoothies or ‘whole’ juice in the Thermomix. Add your vegetables and fruit with ice first. Blitz together like a sorbet with a little liquid. Then slowly add your chilled water, coconut water or other liquid through the MC hole whilst it is blending. The ice will help breakdown the vegetables/fruit and will give you a smoother consistency for your green smoothies.
So beyond cooking a Thermomix recipe and then blending at the end (the Greek Simple Stew is Foodie Baby’s favourite puree to eat)… these meals lend themselves to a softer texture. With a little tweaking, you won’t just be eating pureed food.
- ‘A Little Taste of India’: Indian Cauliflower Rice – Add a few minutes onto your cauliflower rice cooking time to make the texture extra soft. Then serve with the sauce from your favourite curry.
- ‘A Little Taste of Asia’: Thai Basil Jasmine Rice – Add a few minutes onto the cooking time of your cauliflower rice to make sure it is extra soft, and chop your vegetables small. Then serve with the sauce from a Thai Green Chicken Curry… soooo delicious! You could blend the Thai Green Curry, or simply use the sauce and save the actual curry for other family members.
- A Little Taste of Asia’: Curry Mee Laksa – Change this flavour-packed meal up a little bit by using some fish instead of chicken and prawns. If your fish is well cooked, you will find it is fall apart tender. Combined with some overcooked cabbage ‘noodles’ in the laksa, you should be able to eat with minimal chewing.
- skinnymixer’s Creamy Garlic Sauce or skinnymixer’s Creamy Mustard Sauce
with skinnymixer’s Silky Sweet Potato Mash – Why not add some extra flavour on top of your mash with one of the popular sauces.
- THM: Healthy Carbonara Sauce – This flavourful base sauce can be combined with some well cooked, chopped up zoodles for a minimal amount of texture. Feel free to blend the bacon or any other additions into the sauce and thin down to your liking.
- skinnymixer’s Low Carb Greek Frittata – this one is for the people that can chew a little, but not recommended if you need extra soft foods.
- skinnymixer’s Snap Lock Scramble with fried tomatoes.
- Aussie TM5 Thermomixer’s Thai Khao Tom (Congee Rice Soup) – watch any chunks in this.
- Lala’s Kitchen Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup – make sure you watch the chunks in this. Blend further or remove.
These sweets can be eaten for breakfast or maybe some dessert.
- ALToI: Mango Lassi Whip
- skinnymixer’s Super Skinny Blueberry Sorbet
- ALToM: Gelatina de Leche (Creamy Gelatine Dessert)
- skinnymixer’s Dairy Free Vanilla Bean Icecream
- skinnymixer’s Instant Blueberry Icecream
- skinnymixer’s Instant Dairy Free Blueberry Icecream
- skinnymixer’s Roasted Balsamic Strawberries pureed with greek yoghurt
- Paleo Custard Bake
- skinnymixer’s Warming “Porridge”
- Thermobexta’s Choc Banana Custard
- Sugar Free Banana Custard
- Strawberry Chia Pudding