Hi! It’s Sian here…
Well it is nearly that time of year that Skinnymixers is filled with the constant cries for help from parents, asking for the best ‘Back-to-School’ recipes. With my eldest starting Prep School in a couple of weeks (yes, the turdler is all grown up!) I thought some other Skinnymixers might also benefit from having an easy to go to list. About 3 years ago I bought the Planetbox Rover from Biome.skinnymixers.com, as I was sick of buying a new $15 plastic lunchbox every 4 months. It was definitely an investment, but I haven’t looked back 🙂 Having a bento style lunchbox and a well stocked freezer stash, makes packing lunch each day a breeze.
Whether you need refined sugar free, dairy free, gluten free, grain free and nut free… there will be something for everybody!
Freezer Stash Friendly:
Keep a stash of these in your freezer, pop them into the lunchbox frozen and they should be perfect to eat by lunchtime.
- ALToA: Gyoza Meatballs & Dipping Sauce
ALTOA: Malaysian Satay Chicken without sauce
- skinnymixer’s American Style Burger Patties (freeze into meatballs)
- skinnymixer’s Banana, Walnut & Date Loaf made without nuts and plain flour subbed.
- skinnymixer’s Cheesy Pumpkin Puffs (I usually always have these in the freezer made with 1/2 the cheese)
- skinnymixer’s Choc Chip Oat Bars (I make them into bite sized portions in a silicone mini muffin tray) Mix up the Flavour combinations with these variations
- skinnymixer’s Grain Free Chicken Nuggets made without nuts and using seeds, breadcrumbs or cornflake crumbs.
- skinnymixer’s Low Carb Cauliflower & Haloumi Fritters
- skinnymixer’s Lemon Coconut Muffins
- skinnymixer’s Lunchbox Meatballs
- skinnymixer’s MacaChip Cookies (without macadamias)
- skinnymixer’s Risotto Frittata with a Twist
- THM: Chicken Teriyaki Burger Patties made into meatballs
- THM: French Onion Chick Bits change up the flavours for the kids to their favourite.
Pimped Out Sandwiches/Wraps/Rice Paper Rolls
- ALToM: Carnitas (Mexican Pulled Pork)
- ALToM: Picadillo Chicken
- skinnymixer’s 5 Herb & Garlic Spelt Focaccia
- skinnymixer’s Aioli (and chipotle chips)
- skinnymixer’s American Style Burger Patties
- skinnymixer’s Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Smokey BBQ Sauce
- skinnymixer’s Mexican Shredded Chicken
- skinnymixer’s Mexican Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
- skinnymixer’s Lunchbox Chicken Loaf – mix up the flavours with these suggestions!
- skinnymixer’s Pita Bread Wraps
- skinnymixer’s Shredded Mayo Chicken
- skinnymixer’s Smokey Baked Beans
- skinnymixer’s Za’atar Grilled Chicken
- ALToM: Guacamole with vegetable sticks to dip or corn chips
- skinnymixer’s Avocado Dip
- skinnymixer’s Breakfast Quinoa
- skinnymixer’s Coconut Chia Pudding
- skinnymixer’s Poppyseed Skordalia (potato dip) with pita pieces to dip
- skinnymixer’s Smokey Baked Beans
Healthy Lunchbox Options:
- Boiled eggs
- Carrot sticks, sliced cucumber, celery with avocado dip, sliced capsicum
- Sliced sausages, meatballs, chicken
- Dinner leftovers!
- Popcorn with Smokey BBQ Rub
- Can of Tuna and crackers
- mini pancakes
More Thermomix Recipes for School Lunch Boxes:
- Thermobexta’s Egg & Avocado Sushi
- Thermobexta’s Hidden Veg Scrolls
- The 4 Blades Thermomix conversion for Naughty Naturopath Mum’s Anti-LCM Bars
- Well Nourished’s Berry Nice Brownies
- Nik’s Lovely Finger Buns from the Recipe Community.
What are some of your favourite healthy thermomix lunch box recipes that I can add to the list?